Anderson’s Royal Polytechnic – established 1837 as Glasgow’s first division retailer. Bought by Lewis’s within the Twenties and rebuilt. A new Lewis’s division store opened on the positioning in 1929. Lewis’s – group went into administration in 1991. A variety of shops have been subsequently acquired by Owen Owen. The flagship Liverpool store was last owned by Vergo Retail and closed on 29 May 2010. Allders Department Stores – group went into administration on 29 January 2005.
M C Hitchen & Son – bought to Littlewoods in 1952. George Hitchcock Williams & Co. (St Paul’s Churchyard, London) – Established 1841; closed 1984. Havens Opened 1901; Store closed in 2017 and moved to being a web-based retailer only. George Henry Havelock – Destroyed by hearth 18 July 1898; rebuilt 1900; closed 1914. William Harvey – Bought by Army & Navy Stores 1953. Acquired by House of Fraser 1976; renamed Army & Navy; renamed House of Fraser. Grant Warden (Walton-on-Thames) – Formerly Campbell & Booker.
Vape Shop in Vale Royal, UK
Hurst & Sandler – principally a manufacturer of gowns and other textile goods. Acquired by United Drapery Stores. Webbers – Succeeded City Drapery Stores 1905. Bought by Hide & Co. 1952; closed 1971. Vokins – Established 1882 as ‘Leeson & Vokins’.
Bought by J E Beale; renamed Beales. Godfreys – closed 2015; re-opened as Kerry’s Home Furnishings. Finnigans (Wilmslow; previously Manchester) – Relocated from Manchester metropolis centre to Wilmslow c. Bought by Hoopers 1982; renamed Hoopers 1982. Closed 2001 and renamed House of Fraser. Eastmonds – Bought by Banburys of Barnstaple; renamed Banburys.
Lingards – Originally Sunbridge Road.Bought by United Drapery Stores; New store opened The mall, Westgate. Both stores closed by UDS on 23 April 1977.
Acquired by John Lewis Partnership in 1940. Selfridges flagship division retailer was not a part of this acquisition and was acquired by Lewis’s in 1951. Woolland Brothers – Established 1869; new building completed 1901. Bought by Debenhams 1949; closed 1967.
All branches were subsequently bought or closed. The flagship Croydon retailer continued to commerce independently after 2005, finally closing on 22 September 2012.
Bought by Army & Navy Stores 1955; renamed Army & Navy. Acquired by House of Fraser 1976; renamed House of Fraser 2007. Eighteen Eighties; succeeded by Norman Jones & Co. McDonalds, Wylie & Lochhead – shaped from the merger of McDonalds and Wylie & Lochhead by House of Fraser 1957; renamed Frasers 1975. Jones Brothers – Bought by Selfridge Provincial Stores. Acquired by John Lewis Partnership 1940; closed 1990.
W H Hunt & Co. – Established 1889; closed 1923. Located at 197–207 Kensington High Street. Holdrons – Bought by Selfridge Provincial Stores. Acquired by John Lewis Partnership 1940; bought 1948.
Site now occupied by The Park Tower Knightsbridge Hotel . Building purchased by Hoopers and reopened as the first Hoopers store 1982. Acquired by House of Fraser 1959; renamed Rackhams Nineteen Seventies; renamed House of Fraser Eighties; closed 1998. Bought by John Lewis Partnership 1947; offered to McCartney Stewart. Site now occupied by part of Marks & Spencer and south-japanese section of Arndale Centre .
Vape Shop in Canterbury, UK
Traded as ‘Leeson & Vokins’ 1882–1937; W H Vokins 1937–1983; Vokins 1983–1997; closed 1997. Vokins continued to commerce as ‘Vokins Furniture & Beds’ from a web site in Hove until closure in 2015. Tuttles – Bought by Debenhams c.
Jones & Higgins – Established 1867. Acquired by Great Universal Stores; closed 1980. Re-opened because the Houndsditch before closing in 1984 and being demolished and replaced by Aylesham Centre. Norman Jones & Co. – Succeeded Makins & Bean. Bought by Mr. R. H. Carlton 1911; renamed Carltons 1918.
Vape Shop in Halton, UK
The co-operative continues to function a number of companies exterior of non-food retail. Harrison Gibson – closed 2010Harrison Gibson – Opened as a branch of Harrison Gibson of Ilford. Bought by Army & Navy Stores 1968; renamed Army & Navy. Acquired by House of Fraser 1976; closed 2004. North building now occupied by T K Maxx . South constructing demolished and site vacant .
Building now occupied by T J Hughes . Compton House – Built for retailer J.R.Jeffery in 1865; closed in 1871. Building converted to a resort in 1873 and part of the constructing has been occupied by Marks & Spencer since 1928. Fear Hill – group of four department shops; the Trowbridge store was established in 1880. This is a listing of malls of the United Kingdom. In the case of division retailer groups, the placement of the flagship retailer is given.
- In 1971 the business was sold by auction to Pearsons of Enfield.
- Henry Sparrow Started as Sworders Ironmongery store through the mid 1800s in North Street.
- His family grew it into Bishop Stortford’s solely department store.
- In 1904 it was purchased by the shops clerk, Henry Sparrow.
Acquired by House of Fraser 1977; renamed House of Fraser c. Dawson Brothers – purchased by Drapery Trust; possession subsequently transferred to Debenhams; offered Closed. Located at City Road / East Road junction. Cresta House – opened by Debenhams as a department of Cresta House in premises previously occupied by the Harrogate department of Marshall & Snelgrove. Bought by Schofields; renamed Schofields. Acquired by House of Fraser; closed.
Rankin & Co. – Bought by Benzie & Miller; renamed Benzie & Miller. Acquired by House of Fraser 1958; renamed Arnotts Nineteen Seventies; closed 1980s. A L Ramsay – Established 1845, later A L Ramsay & Son.
Gosling & Sons – Established 1795. Bought by John Barker & Co. 1947. Acquired by House of Fraser 1957; closed 1968; reopened as Dickins & Jones on completion of recent building 1970; renamed House of Fraser 2007. G R Cooper – bought by Selfridges in 1966. Original store demolished 1973 for brand new retailer as part of Westgate growth. Bourne & Hollingsworth – Closed 1983.Bourne & Hollingsworth – Opened as a branch of Bourne & Hollingsworth of Oxford Street; sold 1979. Bonds – purchased by John Lewis Partnership in 1982; renamed John Lewis in 2001.
This record doesn’t embrace massive specialist stores, which typically resemble malls. The list is damaged into “at present trading” (A–Z); “defunct groups” and “defunct” (A–Z). Kennards – Bought by Drapery Trust; renamed Debenhams 1973.Kennards – Opened by Debenhams as a department of Kennards of Croydon; closed. Bought by House of Fraser 1977; closed 2005.David Evans – Opened as a branch of David Evans of Swansea 1961.
Busbys was itself purchased by Debenhams in 1958. The retailer was renamed Debenhams in 1973 and continues to trade from the identical website . Subsequently, acquired by House of Fraser 1969; renamed Dingles 1973; closed Nineteen Nineties. Bobby & Co. – Succeeded John Cordeux & Sons as a department of Bobby & Co. in 1928; closed in 1932 and premises offered to Brights. Boardmans – purchased by Keddies in the Nineteen Seventies; closed in 1984 and building demolished.
Kennards – Opened by Debenhams as a department of Kennards of Croydon; renamed Debenhams 1973. R H O Hills – Bought by Whiteleys. Acquired by House of Fraser 1975; included into the Binns group; renamed Binns; closed.
Gray Peverell & Co. – Established 1902. Bought by Binns 1926; renamed Binns. Acquired by House of Fraser 1953; closed 1992. 74993605 How To Start A Vape Shop Online – Opened as a branch of Pearsons of Enfield. Closed previous to sale to Morles and now a Primark.
Edward Bates – established 1869; bought by Bentalls in 1979; renamed Bentalls; closed within the 1980s. Bought by Selfridges in 1919; incorporated into Selfridge Provincial Stores in 1926; rebuilt in 1935. Acquired by John Lewis Partnership in 1940; closed in 1981; building subsequently occupied by Waitrose. Selfridge Provincial Stores – group created by Selfridges in 1926.
Tyrrell & Green – Established 1897. Bought by John Lewis Partnership 1934; renamed John Lewis on relocation to new building 2000. Strange & Atkinson – bought by Bobby & Co. Staddons – Bought by Drapery Trust; possession subsequently transferred to Debenhams; offered. Eldred Sayers & Sons – Bought by Bentalls; renamed Bentalls; relocated. Bought by J E Beale from Fenwick; renamed Beales; closed. Arthur Sanders – Established 1770.
Acquired by House of Fraser 1957; closed 1970. William Plumpton & Son – Bought by Palmers; renamed Palmers. Bought by United Drapery Stores; renamed Allders c. J D Morant (Chichester; beforehand Southsea) – Established 1910; Southsea premises destroyed by bombing 1941; relocated to Chichester 1941.
Robert Maule & Son – established 1894. Bought by Binns 1934; renamed Binns. Acquired by House of Fraser 1953; renamed Frasers. Howards – Bought by United Drapery Stores; later integrated into the John Blundell group; renamed John Blundell.
Thomas Tucker – Established 1801. Bought by Benzie household, of Benzie & Miller, 1958; closed 2007. Ranbys – Bought by Debenhams Nineteen Sixties; renamed Debenhams 1973; relocated 2007. Quin & Axten – Bought by Bon Marché 1920. Acquired by Selfridge Provincial Stores 1926. Subsequently, acquired by John Lewis Partnership 1940; closed 1949.
Bought by Drapery Trust; renamed Debenhams 1972. Joseph Johnson – Established 1880. Acquired by Fenwick 1962; renamed Fenwick. Bought by Debenhams 1943; renamed Debenhams 1973.
Bought by Benzie & Miller; renamed Benzie & Miller. Acquired by House of Fraser; renamed Arnotts; closed.
Corders – established 1787 Bought by Debenhams; incorporated into Footman Pretty on completion of recent constructing. Edward J Clarke – Bought by McDonalds of Glasgow 1922; renamed McDonalds 1922. Acquired by House of Fraser 1951; later integrated into the Binns group; renamed Binns. Boothroyds – bought by Broadbents of Southport; acquired by Owen Owen and merged with Broadbents to form Broadbents & Boothroyds on the Boothroyds site. John Banner – Established 1873; relocated to Attercliffe Road in 1894; rebuilt in 1934. Bought by Hurst & Sandler and subsequently acquired by United Drapery Stores; closed in 1980. Attwoods – bought by Kay & Co. of Worcester, the catalogue business in the Fifties.
Store was closed by then house owners Merchant Retail on the thirty first July 2004, contributing £300,000 profit to the group. The building was bought to Atlantic Property Developments plc who demolished the building in 2005. Wilson & Co – established in 1883; constructing destroyed by fire in 1909 Store re-opened with new grand constructing and have become often known as Wilson’s Corner. Building now occupied by smaller models and flats.
Massive Tax Hikes Threaten Vaping In Pennsylvania =’display: block;margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;’ src=”https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1060/5206/articles/Untitled_design_86.png?v=1495541703″ width=”508px” alt=”Vape Shop in Bath & North East Somerset, UK”/>
Subsequently, acquired by John Lewis Partnership 1940; closed 1990. Pophams Plymouth – Opened in 1824 as Pophams & Radford earlier than the Radford factor was dropped in 1931. Bought out by Dingles in 1962 and closed shortly after. Ponting Brothers – Bought by John Barker & Co. 1907.
West & Moulton – Bought by Whiteleys. Verity & Sons – Bought by Owen Owen; renamed Owen Owen. Ricemans (Canterbury; beforehand Deal, Kent) – Relocated from Deal to objective-built Canterbury retailer Nineteen Sixties. Bought by Fenwick 1986; renamed Fenwick on relocation to new building geek vape 2003. Pearsons (Bishop’s Stortford) – Opened as a department of Pearsons of Enfield 1972 in premises previously occupied by H Sparrow. Bought by Morleys Stores 2010; closed 2012.
Opened as Hammonds on completion of latest constructing 1970. Subsequently, acquired by House of Fraser 1972; renamed Binns; closed c. Premises bought by Boyes and reopened in 1998.
Stuart Norris – Succeeded Driscolls. Acquired by House of Fraser 1975; renamed Chiesmans 1975; renamed Army & Navy; closed Nineties.
Building now occupied by Tesco Metro . Woodard’s Opened 1908 on nook of Regent Street and the Parade.
John Falconer & Co. – Bought by Scottish Drapery Corporation 1929. Acquired by House of Fraser 1952; renamed Frasers Nineteen Seventies; closed 2002.
Bought by Drapery Trust; incorporated into the Bobby & Co. group; renamed Debenhams Seventies. Genge & Co. – Succeeded George Dixon & Jameson 1899.
Henry Sparrow Started as Sworders Ironmongery retailer through the mid 1800s in North Street. In 1904 it was purchased by the shops clerk, Henry Sparrow. His family grew it into Bishop Stortford’s solely division store. In 1971 the enterprise was sold by public sale to Pearsons of Enfield. Pearsons was bought to Morleys Stores in 2010, with the Bishop Stortford store closed in 2012.
George Hilton & Sons – Established 1882; closed Eighties. Main buildings demolished and website redeveloped as Orchards Shopping Centre. Former furniture constructing now occupied by Robert Dyas . Heelas & Sons Co. – Established 1854. Bought by Charles Clore 1947; offered the fda vape regulations to United Drapery Stores 1950. Bought by John Lewis Partnership 1953; business of A H Bull included into Heelas 1953; renamed John Lewis 2001.
Building now occupied by Hoopers . W J Buckley & Co. – Bought by Selfridge Provincial Stores and subsequently acquired by the John Lewis Partnership in 1940. The store choosing your first vape kit was sold to Busbys of Bradford in 1953 who rebranded the store beneath the Busbys name.
Bought by Army & Navy Stores 1953. Acquired by House of Fraser 1976; renamed Dingles; closed Eighties. The premises have been bought by Denners.
Wright Brothers – Bought by Hide & Co. 1940. Acquired by House of Fraser 1975. Bought by Owen Owen from House of Fraser 1976; renamed Owen Owen; closed 1990; premises sold to Tesco.
Garlands – Located in London Street. A hearth in 1970 destroyed the building and its neighbouring department store Buntings. The building was rebuilt but the store closed in 1984. Dale & Kerley – purchased by John Barker & Co.; acquired by House of Fraser 1957; incorporated into the Army & Navy group c.
Bought by Binns 1922; renamed Binns. Acquired by House of Fraser 1953. Now solely surviving store to retain the Binns name . Roslings – Opened at no. 31 London Road in 1905 before extending in 1932. Store closed in 1960 being bought by Woolworths who opened their new store in 1965. H L Reid – bought by Great Northern & Southern Stores and Wright Brothers 1938. Subsequently, acquired by House of Fraser 1975.
About The Author
Author Biograhy: Nataly Komova founded Chill Hempire after experiencing the first-hand results of CBD in helping her to relieve her skin condition. Nataly is now determined to spread the word about the benefits of CBD through blogging and taking part in events. In her spare time, Nataly enjoys early morning jogs, fitness, meditation, wine tasting, traveling and spending quality time with her friends. Nataly is also an avid vintage car collector and is currently working on her 1993 W124 Mercedes. Nataly is a contributing writer to many CBD magazines and blogs. She has been featured in prominent media outlets such as Cosmopolitan, Elle, Grazia, Women’s Health, The Guardian and others.